five things that made me happy this week

Sunday 30 March 2014

1) Having one of my closest friends Amy, round to visit. I don't get to see her often as she lives in Blackpool so it was a lovely afternoon! It also gave Freddie the chance to show off his owl costume.

Twit twoo!

2) Going for my first interview since graduating, for an absolute dream job. I feel like the interview went as well as it could have done, if nothing else I gained some more interview experience and got the chance to wear my new cigarette cut trousers.

I usually avoid high waisted trousers because I'm quite hippy. (not in a good way.) But these from F&F at Tesco are lovely! I just hope they get me the job. No pressure, trousers. Also, check out Fred's 'so bored of shopping' face. Sorry kid.

3) Meeting my best friends Jasmin and Cathy for lunch in the northern quarter, (when I say lunch I mean a massive piece of cake) and a trip to the Manchester Central Library. The library has recently reopened after four years of refurbishment, it used to be my favourite place, it is such a beautiful building. The under ground has a really good children's section, with sensory play and more books than a 6 month boy could ask for. Which is none, in fairness.


4) Going on a date with Austin. My mum had Freddie for the night, and we went for a meal in Manchester, (we wanted to go to Red's Barbecue which I can't WAIT to go to but we were starving and the queue was out of the door. We said we would go to whatever restaurant we went past next, which happened to be Frankie and Benny's.) We also went for a couple of drinks in the northern quarter (do I ever go anywhere else? I feel like I write 'northern quarter' all of the time.) and then home for an undisturbed nights sleep. Which didn't happen because I still woke up when Freddie wakes up in the night, which is 5 am, then when he normally gets up for the day at 6:30. Obviously.

5) Today was Mother's Day, and me and my sister's organised a champagne afternoon tea for her at my house after finding out every other place in the world was fully booked. It turned out to be a lovely day and I will do a post this week on how we put it together! It was also my first Mother's Day, which I totally keep forgetting, still getting used to this 'mum' business.


No comments:

Post a Comment