five things that made me happy this week

Monday 24 March 2014

1) Looking outside, seeing glorious sunshine, throwing our coats on and going for a walk in the hills around our house.


2) Some excellent eBay buys! I snapped up a Topshop coat, a vintage floral Gap blouse, and a lovely dungaree set for the kid, all for £11.

3) Skyping my grandparents - they live in Spain for half of the year, and I know how much they miss  us poor souls back in rainy old England. It was Freddie's first Skype date, unfortunately he was much more interested in staring out of the window.

4) Meeting my best friend Jasmin for dinner in Manchester. We went to Annie's, which is Jenny McAlpine's restaurant. This was only the second time since Fred was born that we have spent time alone together, I often see her through the week for brew and cake dates with the little one, but it was nice to catch up over a lovely meal without having to protect my food from chubby hands.

5) Meeting my sisters for lunch and planning our mum's Mother's Day surprise! I don't see enough of my sisters, as between the three of us we are quite busy, and I also recently moved further away. It's lovely when the three of us can get together though.




I might make this 'five things' a regular blog post, it's easy to get to the end of a week feeling a bit worse for wear, it would be nice to remember the best bits!

No comments:

Post a Comment