Barry M Silk - Mist

Friday 4 April 2014


Oh I love nail varnish. Love. I had to upgrade my make up bag of polishes to a little suitcase. No joke. I do my nails probably every other day, there is just something so comforting to me about sitting down with my big fat bag of varnish to choose from, some unpainted clean nails and a good few episodes of Sex and the City. (I am such a cliché, eurgh)

I am an avid Barry M collector. They are usually excellent versions of higher end nail varnishes, and such good value for money. But when I saw the Silk collection I was a bit wary, I am not much into glitter and shine, I like my nails one colour and neat, but there was something about these that caught my attention, would they actually look silky? I chose the colour 'Mist.'

Immediately after painting.
They did! I was so impressed. It definitely needs a couple of coats, and this is three, but only because I was being a bit haphazard as I was in a bit of a rush and the second coat was a bit messy, but it came out really well. It is a lovely misty blue colour, and reminds me of Cinderella's ball gown!

This was on day three, barely any chipping! Just a small bit on my thumb. Also, HOW do you take a picture of your nails without having a claw hand?

They come in a lovely range of pale and pastel colours, and make a nice change from my usual choice of deep wine colours, reds and pinks!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, there is no way to avoid claw hand in nail pictures, ahaha :P

    I love it! And it looks super good for three days. I love nails too, although I only do them every week. Still super relaxing and nice, I understand what you mean!

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/04/divergent-movie-review.html

    ReplyDelete