half a year

Thursday 10 April 2014

I am really struggling to comprehend how it has been half a year since Freddie was born. Today he is six months old, and when I woke up this morning I swear he had changed overnight, (they do that don't they?)  in preparation for his half year birthday. Although still chubby and babyish, his face is taking on some features I imagine he will take with him into toddher-hood and beyond. His sticky out ears that he inherited from his dad, my blue eyes, and the cheeky grin that he will be flashing me over his shoulder as I find him doing something he shouldn't in a few months time.

At six months old, he is sitting unaided, laughing, eating solids, and dishing out the smiles for whoever wants one. I see him roll over onto his tummy, and push up on his knees trying to crawl, but just landing on his face as he hasn't quite figured out where his arms come into the crawling equation. He will not sit still, holding him on your knee, he is constantly trying to escape, to grab the remote, or a toy, or my phone, and reaching for something further when he gets it. Always wanting more. More banana. More toast. More toys. More being thrown in the air.

Gone are the days where he would lie in his moses basket, or in our arms for hours barely stirring. I can see the beginnings of a little personality. Independent, (no being spoon fed here please) curious, adventurous. Having to almost get him in a headlock to get a kiss. Having a sweet tooth like daddy, and absolutely loving being outside.


I couldn't have looked at him, kissed him, or held him anymore than I have for his first, tiny months, but I feel like the newborn time slipped through my fingers, and where my tiny boy used to be, is now a big boy, eager to grow and learn new things.

Happy half year birthday my beautiful, charming boy.

2 comments:

  1. Awh happy birthday Freddie! I think it's so sweet to hear all about him on your blog too :) You're a very dedicated mum you know.

    Blue eyes are the best! I like yours too ^.^

    Check out my review on the new movie, Divergent: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/04/divergent-movie-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :) time is going so quickly!

    x

    ReplyDelete