five things that made me happy this week

Sunday 13 April 2014

1) On Friday night, me and Austin booked some impulse train tickets to Chester for the next day. It felt like a real family day out and it was lovely - now Freddie is a little bit older and is taking a bit more of an interest in things. We can sit him in a high chair at dinner with us, and as we are doing baby led weaning he could eat with us and it was our first meal out as a three! He also did a considerable amount of napping, so me and Austin were able to go for a walk around the city walls and along the river, visit Chester castle, and do a bit of shopping. We stopped in a little tea shops while we were waiting for our train, and the women in the shop all fell in love with Fred, he is a serious flirt.


2) Although a good sleeper in general, Fred still wakes up in the night, at about 2 o'clock, and then he is up for the day at 6:30 on.the.dot. (How does he know the time?!) I feel like I dealt better with the night feeds in the first few months, I would bounce out of bed to feed him and scroll through Facebook/Twitter as I fed him, but for the past few weeks I have had to DRAG myself out of bed, and have actually fell asleep feeding him a couple of times. (Sorry kid.) So although he isn't going through the night yet, he has started to push back his night feed to about 4 or 5 in the morning and it makes such a difference to get a 5/6 hour block of sleep.



3) Remember last week I mentioned how we had received a £100 Sainsbury's voucher for joining BT broadband? Well this week we received our £100 Tesco gift voucher for joining Sky! Excellent. I spent half of it on a new pair of curtains for our bedroom, some blackout blinds for Freddie's room, and plan on spending the rest on Easter eggs this week. Thank you Sky!

4) Although I love cooking, I don't do it as often as I would like. Austin doesn't get home from work til 6 o'clock, and then we bath Freddie at 6:30 and put him to bed, and I don't get the chance to start cooking til about 7. But this week I have made a bit more of an effort with cooking, and left the chicken dippers in the freezer. I made enchiladas on Tuesday, and pulled pork rolls with sweet potato wedges on Friday night, and we sat down and ate with a couple of bottles of beer. A lovely Friday night and made a nice change from a takeaway which is what we usually opt for!


5) As we haven't long lived in our house, we are still kind of settling in. There are things where they shouldn't be, things with no home, things where I don't want them to be. So I thought that ordering a shelf to find new homes for these homeless things might be a good place to start, and it arrived on Friday. My first thought was 'yay can't wait for Austin to come home and put it together!' Then I kicked myself and realised there is nothing stopping me doing it myself. So I grabbed a screw driver, and a couple of wrong turns and upside down pieces later, I had built it! I felt such a sense of pride when I put it in its place and filled it with DVD's, books and knick knacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment