Mummy and Fred's (mainly eBay) March purchases

Sunday 13 April 2014

As Freddie enters the world of 6-9 month clothes, and I spend an entire day sobbing putting his 3-6 month stuff on eBay, I thought it was about time I made a start on his 6-9 month wardrobe. Babies are so expensive, it only occurred to me the other day that they literally demand a whole new wardrobe every three months. So demanding! I love buying Freddie clothes as much as I love buying them for myself, and as much as I would love to walk into Next or Joules (best baby clothes EVER, ANYWHERE) it isn't financially viable as long as he keeps insisting on being fed and kept in nappies. So his clothes are a mix of eBay gems and impulse buys. Here are a few things I have picked up for him recently.


This was a gift from my lovely friend Jane. Having the most enviable wardrobe anybody has ever seen, I am pretty grateful that she also seems to want to pass down her style knowledge to Freddie, I am always getting little presents through the door for him! This is from Autograph at Marks and Spencer's, it is such a lovely colour, and I love the little polo neck collar, it reminds me of a baby Fred Perry! It is made of a lovely light sweatshirt material - perfect for spirng! It also has subtle pink stitching on the buttons, which is a lovely detail.


This is from Bows and Arrows at Boots. I bought it a couple of months back, when Freddie was still in 0-3 months, but thought it would be a lovely spring time top so bought it in 6-9 months, which he is wearing now. I absolutely love stripes, and bright colours, so this was perfect! 


This was a recent buy from H&M, I am a big fan of H&M children's clothes - they are good value for money and good quality. They are also quite good at making children's clothes look like children's clothes, I am not much a fan of mini adult clothes on kids! 


 This is also a recent purchase, a light spring time jacket from Tu at Sainsbury's. Freddie's current coat was a big winter one, so we needed something lighter for the milder weather, and this is perfect. I love the bright orange colour and the campervan print. Such a bargain too, at £8.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love eBay? I am such a shopping addict, but I can't remember the last time I bought something new, as in walked into a shop and bought myself an item of clothing. Enter eBay. (What is the eBay word count in this post now?) I don't really know how I'd describe my style - I just wear things I like. Is that a style? Usually an even mix of vintage and high street, with some eBay bargains thrown in for good measure.


Oh man I love stripes. Stripes stripes stripes. I also love long sleeves. This was an absolute bargain (of course) from Topshop via eBay, for £3.50. It is quite a heavy material so will be good for the colder weather.

Excuse my toes.

When I saw this on eBay, I loved it. It looked so good on the mannequin on the picture, but when it arrived I was a bit disappointed, it reminded me of something an 80's line dancer would wear. However, I was having a leggings day last week and looking for something long enough to cover my bum and saw this. I gave it a try, and three people mentioned how nice it was! I think it is one of those things that look better on.


Oh look - more stripes! This is also eBay, but originally New Look. I have always been very wary of bodycon, but I find with a pair of tights and a long top they can look very nice - or with a vest if I am feeling very brave. But whatever, it was stripy so I had to have it.


I think this is my favourite recent buy, I love the bright colours! This is vintage Gap, and has lovely little pearly buttons. It also, surprisingly for vintage (and blouses - boobs!) fits really nicely. I have worn it so far with a pencil skirt, and with a pair of skinny jeans and a yellow jumper, with the collar poking out.

So there are some of my recent buys! I am beginning to contemplate reigning in the eBay obsession this month - I have been eyeing some of the beautiful spring collection in Topshop and might treat myself to something at the end of the month instead! 



No comments:

Post a Comment