five things that made me happy this week

Sunday 6 April 2014

1) The absolute best moment this week has to be Freddie properly mastering sitting up! He could do it for a few seconds before, if he was slightly tilted and sat on my knee, but the other day I plonked him down on my bed and let go, and he stayed sat up! It's amazing how something so simple can make your heart burst with pride and joy. I picked him up and he squealed and tried to wriggle away. 'Jesus mam get a grip.'



2) If you have read my previous posts, you'll know I've been on the job hunt recently. I have been on a couple of interviews, and not heard anything back. While the disappointment is hard to deal with, (especially as one of them was a DREAM job) it just feels nice to be back out there, in the world of work and wearing lipsticks and heels, and not having a nappy fall out of my bag when I go to take my purse out. The search continues... 

3) I went to the Cake and Bake event in Manchester yesterday, what can I say? So many baked goods, so little time.

4) How often does it happen, that the postman knocks on the door (LOVE those days, parcels yay) hands you a letter, and asks you to sign for it. Sign for a letter? I looked at it for ages before I opened it trying to think what it could be. It was a gift voucher for Sainsbury's for £100. I had completely forgotten it was part of the new BT broadband deal when we switched suppliers when we moved. It was all I could do to not race to Sainsbury's. Thanks BT!

5) Serious summer plans are in the making. Oh man I love making holiday plans. As Austin is taking his driving test soon we are hoping to go on a lovely road trip in Italy in September. We went to Rome a couple of years ago and just absolutely fell in love with it, pizza, ice cream, museums, coffee... all of my favourite things. Watch this space...

1 comment:

  1. Summer plans sounds good! And the Cake and Bake sounds even better. It must've been awesome to get the gift voucher, like when you've found money you lost!

    Freddie looks super cute! He is such a sweet baby from all the pictures I have seen so far :D Those eyes <3

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/04/divergent-movie-review.html

    ReplyDelete